Friday, October 2, 2009

Nneka - 'My mission is to give people hope'

This is an interesting essay on the musician to whose songs I've posted links here on this blog. I am talking of Nneka. She is beautiful, she is smart; her songs are just as close to you as your heartbeats. She is destined for greatness. okay, here is a teaser:

"It's been four years since Nneka Egbuna emerged from Germany as the gung-ho Nigerian rapper/singer/songwriter with a socio-political bone to pick, and yet she's still indifferent to fame. "I'm just happy that more than one person listens to me," shrugs the 27-year-old when asked if she has the desire to break the US now that she's been recognised by the Mobos as the Best African Act, and Channel O, the premier African music network based in South Africa. "It's not about being popular. It's about the love of doing the music. It's about giving people hope; it's not about me, it's not about Nneka herself, it's about having a voice and it's about having a message behind the voice."
ENJOY the rest of the piece. And remember! She's great.
And by the way, take a listen to one of her songs.

No comments: