Friday, March 6, 2009

Zimbabwe PM's wife dies in crash

I hate to see my blog carry largely bad news, but it appears I have to comment on this. The new hope in Zimbabwean murky situation, the proverbial shimmer of light a the end of the tunnel, Morgan Tsvangirai, was reported to have had an accident a few hours ago. He is said to be in a relatively good condition, but his wife died instantly.
Too many members of the opposition party, MDC, have lost their lives to car crashes. Far too many. And Mugabe, the prince of African liberation movement, Mugabe the only one to save Zimbabwe, stands by and watches these people die. I wonder what contemporary African intellectuals have to say about this conundrum; I wonder whether we wouldn't one day look back at the lives of our esteemed freedom fighters and realize how they had led us to our doom.
See the report.

No comments: