Sunday, November 29, 2009

10,000 Albinos In Hiding After Killings In East Africa











I don't usually cry when I read about ugly incidents in the news, but this one got me real bad. Believe it or not, I shed tears. The reason is that I know what it means to be the unwanted one, what it means to be despised by others. More devastatingly, for the African soul, I know that belief in witchery and all forms of dark-souled superstition is still rife in many corners of Africa. Who would have believed that the killing of albinos is generally tolerated much more believing that their body parts have some healing power? But in Igboland, some occultists believe that some people's body parts have some potency. Talk of the urgent need of enlightenment.
Anyway, this piece is worth reading. Here you go!

No comments: